A SAMPLE of my diet for P90X3 and the bikini competition -2014
The most common question I’m getting these days is what was my nutrition like while I went through the past few months with P90X3 and training for my first bikini competition.
I started out using the P90X3 nutrition guide and slowly made changes for contest prep and for I learned worked for my body.
A couple of important things to note here. There were many days I drank two Shakeology’s a day. That is NOT necessary, nor is it recommended for everyone. One a day will give you benefits but for me, I found on days I drank two I felt more satisfied.
Also, I am not a nutritionist and EVERYONE”s dietary needs are different. This plan worked for me so I want to share it with you. But as we know this is NOT an exact science. We all process foods differently, our bodies have different dietary needs, it’s important to listen to your body. There were days I was starving so I would eat more based on my workouts and really listen in to how I was feeling.
Here is a sample of what a typical day looked like for the majority of the round.
Meal 1: 3/4 cup oatmeal. 1 cup blueberries. 1 scoop vegan protein powder.
Meal 2: Shakeology
Meal 3: Canned chicken (with mustard, diced jalapenos, curry, pepper, cinnamon). 1 cup green beans. 1 TB coconut oil.
Meal 4: Rice cake with natural peanut butter
Meal 5: Lean ground Turkey or Chicken. Asparagus. 1 TB coconut oil.
Meal 6: Shakeology #2 OR protein shake with almond milk
I suggest for ANYONE trying to get great results to do these things:
1. Drink your water (I was drinking anywhere from 1-2 gallons of water EVERY DAY)
2. Keep a food journey and log EVERYTHING
3. Keep track of your weight once a week, along with pictures bc the scale is not the best gauge for success
4. Eat every 2-3 hours to keep that metabolism going
5. Make sure you eat enough and listen to your body
6. Surround yourself with others who SUPPORT your journey, it will make it much easier to get over plateaus and days you lack motivation (we ALL have those days!)
If you need help with cleaning up your nutrition or your fitness goals, sign up for free coaching: http://www.Beachbodycoach.com/JamieLen